This is a resource group made up of the Line Ministries and service agencies. The committee works operationalise the NWSP, including providing a coordination for water supply and sanitation activities, development of and facilitation of the strategies. The NWSHPC is composed of all Line Ministries/Agencies and is the central point of all development of Sector Policy, Strategy, Planning, Technical Support, Coordination, M&E, Human Resource Development, Capacity Building, Decentralization, Programs, Financing, NGO Support, MIS, Donor Coordination.
The Committee provides technical expertise and capacity building to county, district and community levels.
The Committee is Managed by a secretariat involved in the day to day operation and administration of the NWSHPC. The Secretariat is managed by a National Coordinator.
The National Coordinator is responsible for the following:
• Support County Led Decentralization of Water Supply and Sanitation activities in Liberia
• Develop Management Information Systems for WASH in Liberia
• Animate the NWSHPC
• Provide sustained support to foster active and sustained coordination of the NWSHPC
• Support the sustained Monitoring and evaluation of WASH infrastructures (water Points, latrines etc) updates in Liberia
• Ensuring that NWSHPC meetings are held monthly and that the agenda is planned annually and updated monthly per meeting. Meeting invites and sent out one week in advance.
• Following up on agreed action points and ensuring that such culminates into tangible actions that will build synergies with the SSP operational matrix and the Agenda for Transformation of the Government of Liberia.
• Meeting with WASH Stakeholders on a constant basis to ensure their regular participation, inputs and compliance with NWSHPC activities, guidelines and decisions.
• Manage the dialogue with government on all NWSHPC activities in Liberia; maintain and develop trust and confidence of key staff in Liberia’s leading Ministries; collaborate with other main stakeholders (including NGOs, private sector, and UN family and sector donors) in promoting water sector reforms.
• Contribute to regional, international and global events, conferences ,workshops etc on delivering Water Supply and Sanitation in Liberia especially as it relates to adequately articulating the views and perspective of the NWSHPC
• Ensure that www.wash-liberia.org is kept current as the central depository for information regarding the WASH sector in Liberia.